Wednesday, 31 October 2012

It COuld Be The Death of You

A new film to raise awareness of the dangers of carbon monoxide poisoning was shown at the re-launch of the All-Party Parliamentary Carbon Monoxide Group in Parliament on the 15th October.

The film was produced by the Katie Haines Memorial Trust to raise awareness of this silent killer and prompt people to install an audible CO alarm.
Trustee Gordon Samuel encouraged everyone to share the film and hopes such advertising and awareness campaigns become standard practice in the near future.
“We’re very, very pleased to have it out at this time of the year when boilers and gas fires are being switched on,” he said.
The Trust also emphasises the importance of regularly maintaining appliances that burn gas or other fossil fuels, with gas appliances being serviced by a Gas Safe registered engineer.

No comments:

Post a comment