The Stove Industry Alliance (SIA) was formed in 2008 to promote the benefits of
Its chairman is Phil Wood of NIBE Stoves and the deputy chairman is Hugh Wells of Charnwood Stoves.
wood-burning stoves and biomass appliances.
With more than 35 members ranging from manufacturers and distributors of stoves and flue equipment, its objectives are very much supported by government initiatives to reduce our dependency of fossil fuels and reduce carbon dioxide emissions.
The SIA works closely with HETAS which is a government recognised body for the testing and approval of biomass and solid fuel domestic heating appliances, fuels and services, including the registration of competent stove installers and servicing businesses.
Objectives of the SIA
- To lobby and influence government on legislation affecting stoves to promote their benefits and environmental advantages
- To promote and explain the benefits and environmental advantages of stoves as heating appliances
- To maintain an independently audited system to monitor sales trends in the UK and Ireland
- To provide a brief to the HETAS Technical Committee of those issues which fulfill the objectives of the SIA
- To promote the nature of SIA member’s products and services and how to assess the quality, safety and efficiency of these products
- To emphasise that the members of the SIA commit to ensuring that their products meet the appropriate standards of quality, safety and efficiency